Wide Bay branch newsThe Wide Bay Branch is organising a Workshop in Bunda-berg for the 25th November 2023.
Presenter is Ian Driver, Vice President Australian Native Bee Association and Brisbane based Australian Native Bee Keeper and Owner/Operator of A Green Soul Native Bees.
Are you interested in keeping native stingless bees for fun, honey production, conservation or pollination? in this workshop learn about some of our most popular and beautiful native bees, and how to attract them into your garden with plants and bee hotels. You will also see in-side a native stingless bee hive and get to taste their amazing honey.
This course will cover both our stingless bees and our native solitary bees, and options for keeping them in gardens or even on decks and verandas.
Registration is required prior to the day.
To ensure your spot or for more information please call 0488526690.
Price Australian Native Bee Assoc Members – $35 per member. Non Members – $45
Lucky door prize!
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Heaps of cool information on our amazing Australian Native Bees
- Information on native stingless bees and a look in-side a hive
- Taste the amazing native stingless bee honey
- How to build a native solitary bee hotel, or what to look for if buying one
- A small bee hotel to get you going
- What plants attract native bees
- Links to further learning resources
WHAT TO BRING
- Your love of bees!
From Stephen Curran, Secretary, Wide Bay Branch
For more info on branch activities, visit our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/Australian-native-bee-association-Wide-bay-branch-112512193439742